View all the features and technical specifications of your device. Hardware specifications, colour variations and box content information are viewable under the features list.
- Lantiq VRX288 Chipset
- ADSL2+ support
- VDSL2 support
- Fibre 100Mbit support
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports to connect multiple devices, such as PCs, laptops, set top boxes
- Wireless networking on-board: 3x3 MIMO 802.11n (2.4 GHz)
- 1 ATA Port
- 2 USB 2.0 master hubs for 3G backup and to connect to USB devices
Brand & Model
Model: V5542 Gateway
Type & Colour
Type: ADSL/VDSL/Fibre wired/wireless 802.11n (3x3)
Router Colours: Black
- Pace V5542 Gateway and foot stand
- 12 volt 3.3A power supply
- Ethernet Cable (Yellow)
- ADSL Cable
- VDSL Cable
- Fibre Ethernet Cable (red)
- ATA Voice Splitter
- 2 x Filters
- Quick Reference WiFi Card
- Quick Install Guide
- The Pace V5542 does not currently support Bridge Mode or transparent NAT, fixed under firmware ver B41005-TNZ8-92594 for PPPoE connections.
- The Pace V5542 is limited to 2 concurrent VPN connections - if using ipsec based VPN's additional NAT rules can be created.
- When switching input connections (for example from ADSL to VDSL, or VDSL to fibre), the Pace V5542 requires a factory reset to synch to the new connection type.
- There is a DNS/NetBIOS bug resulting in some name lookups not functioning - this is being addressed in the next firmware release. fixed under firmware ver B41005-TNZ8-92594
- The Pace V5542 is only available to Business Broadband customers.
If you received a Pace Gateway from Telecom prior to 30 March 2013, you should consider updating your Gateway firmware with the latest version.
The new firmware adds Telecom VDSL and Fibre support to the device. Follow the steps below to update your modem.
If you received your Pace Gateway after 31 March, your gateway will have the current firmware version installed.
Updating your Firmware
- Download the following files
Pace V5542 Gateway Firmware Update- Version B41005-TNZ8-92594
|Firmware Version - B41005-TNZ8-92594
Firmware update fixes
- Enabling PPPoE Full Bridge mode via UI (not PPPoA Half-Bridge)
- Fixes the DNS/NetBIOS issue;
- Enabling LAN side CLI access on the firmware
Pace V5542 Gateway Firmware Update Instructions
- Follow the instructions to update your modem
CLI Enabled Firmware
Telecom provides no support for this firmware or CLI. This firmware has CLI enabled on the LAN side.
- Download the following file
Pace CLI Firmware
- Install the firmware through the user interface
- Start a Telnet session to 192.168.1.254
- Enter username - tnz
- Enter password - tnZ90/*o
Note: Username/password are case sensitive
- Press Enter
Pace Helium CLI Operator Manual
Pace Unified Software CLI Operator Manual
Pace Unified Software CLI Tree Description