I'm not receiving any phone calls. Why is my phone not working?
There could be any number of reasons, let’s go through some possible causes:
- Check the volume on your telephone
- If you have Call Minder, check the ringing option is not set to zero rings.
- Check how many other pieces of equipment plugged in, you may have exceeded the number of pieces of equipment your ringer can handle.
- Every phone and fax has a RAL (Ringer Approximated Loading) value; found on the Telepermit label on your phone or fax.This is the amount of current the device needs to ring correctly.
- The sum of all RALs should not exceed five.
- Check your account is not overdue resulting in disconnection by calling 128 Telecom Credit
- Check there is no fault with the network or equipment by contacting Telecom Faults
- 120 Residential customers
- 125 Business customers
- 0800 800 163 from a mobile
- email online_faults@Telecom.co.nz -include your full name, the faulty line number, an alternative contact number so our Faults team can call you back, plus a description of the fault